The Compassionate Friends
We would like to welcome you to the Prince William Chapter of The Compassionate Friends. Though we are painfully sorry that any of us have to be here, we at least hope to offer each other support and strength in our grief journeys. We do not have to do this alone!
TCF PWC Monthly Meeting for April – Canceled
The TCF Prince William Chapter Monthly Meeting for 21 April 2020 is being canceled. With the current concerns in regards to the “Coronavirus Pandemic” and with consideration to all to warnings by the CDC and other health agencies, Shane Williams, Chapter Leader, has decided upon consultation with the National Office of the Compassionate Friends that with an abundance of caution that the April 2020 Monthly Meeting for TCF PWC will be canceled.
In addition, the church we held our at, Buckhall United Methodist, has put out the following notice:
“Buckhall Church will be closed through April. Bishop of VA asked us to do this to help slow down the Coronavirus. Such a strange time.”
The feeling is that the best way to prevent exposure is the following:
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds at a time
- If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into the crook of your arm
- Stay at least 3 ft. away from anyone who appears sick or is coughing/sneezing
- Avoid large gatherings
- If you are sick, see your doctor earlier rather than later.
- If you are sick, stay home and do not expose others.
- Use a mask to cover your face.
Because of the above, it has been decided that though the risk is not high that caution is the better option when it comes to the health of our members and parents.
At this time, we are canceling the April Monthly meeting but reserve the right
For more details, visit our Facebook pages or http://www.tcfprincewilliam.org for details.
Father of Mazzy Kaya
Chapter Leader, TCF Prince William
Below are some helpful guidelines to get the most out of our meetings:
- Our meetings are a safe place for us to express ourselves. Just as we all want to be free of judgment, we will not judge or criticize others.
- Everything that is said in our meetings is confidential and will not be discussed outside of the meetings. We all respect each other’s privacy.
- If you don’t want to talk, but find comfort in attending just to listen, that is perfectly acceptable and welcome.
- Many have found our religions and faith in God to be comforting; others have felt their whole belief system was shattered. We must deal with these issues as individuals and in our own time. We kindly request that no one pushed their beliefs on the group.
- Some find the use of profanity offensive; we will refrain from the use of profanity during the meetings.
For more information regarding the Prince William Chapter of TCF or meetings, contact the Leadership:
email: swilliams “at” tcfprincewilliam.org
Every other Friday night, we are doing Comfort Crafts nights at Buckhall United Methodist Church in Manassas, VA (our normal meeting place). Come out to work with us on our latest Arts & Crafts project or bring your own or just sit around to socialize. It is all up to you.
Buckhall United Methodist Church
7:00PM Every Other Friday Nite
Contact Selina Farmer for dates/times
Next Comfort Crafts:
There are none scheduled currently
Updated: 13 March 2020